Saturday, July 17, 2010

Life In Nepal (Back to Kathmandu)



Caption: A Jhuwani lady that we surveyed her. You can see goats wandering around. When I touched its forehead, the goat loved it and he acted like a tamed dog. These goats don't know what people raised them to eat!



Dear Friends, I would like to thank you for reading my blog. Here’s what’s happening next. To cut a long story short, I decided to take public bus back to Kathmandu after spending four days in Jhuwani.
Nepali bus is convenient and cheap. Non air-con bus costs me around 10 dollars from Chitwan (the closest spot to take bus from Jhuwani). I entered the bus station which is nothing but a field where many buses were parking around 9 am. I was supposed to arrive Kathmandu on 4 pm. But it was not the case, I arrived Kathmandu after 10 pm because of unexpected landslides at two locations on the winding roads on the hilly mountains.
When the traffic stopped along the small road winding along the mountains, there were two assumptions: first, there may be an accident and the locals stopped the car that caused the accident and smash the driver (I’ve seen it twice. It’s common) or landslide. On that day, the bus, along with other vehicles, stood still for hours. When the traffic people managed to remove the dirt and rock from one side and the traffic started to move, there was another accident where rocks from the dug vehicle were accidently dropped into the vehicle passing on the opposite side. The driver was unconscious. The traffic stopped again, waiting for the ambulance to get the unlucky driver.
Overall, I was fine. When the bus stopped, the passengers left the bus or vehicles to stretch their legs. There were several dozens of people walking around. My only problem was that I could not find proper toilet. When I asked where I could pee, local people pointed to woods on the sideway.

No comments:

Post a Comment