Monday, July 5, 2010

The Blog I Never Published




I must confess that there was a blog that I wrote in the first week of my visit. But eventually, I decided not to publish it. My feeling then would not be different from a previous Clinton School who wrote what she felt overwhelmed by what she experienced in Nepal. I thought I went through the same experience.
And here’s the wisdom that I got from my visit to Kopan Buddhist Monastery in Kathmandu. A guru said people felt angry or upset when they travelled because they had certain preconception about what they expected to see. And they will naturally be upset if things didn’t turn out the way they expected. So, here I am trying to be open-minded and learn.
I re-read that blog again and I decided to keep it in my personal folder. It came from my true feeling at that moment. But it was not that I felt now. The more I stay here and travel around, the more I feel grateful for my experience here. Here’s the picture of my adventure to the far west.
The first picture shows the” downtown” of this hilly Dadeldhura. I told you in my previous blog that this is my favorite place. The infrastructure here is not good. But people are very nice and friendly. Their mushroom soup is tasty. The weather is cooler than other parts I’ve visited because it is located on the mountain.
The second picture is only some 10 minutes by drive from the downtown. We drove up further up the mountain to see the spacious area where I saw herds of sheep and goats around. Standing on this mountain top, I want to shout, “I am the king of the world.”

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this, Jee! Very wise insight from the guru in Kathmandu. Glad you're enjoying yourself and staying "in the moment."

    ReplyDelete