Monday, July 5, 2010

dalbhat and my nepali friends




If anyone knows how to attach more than two pix in one post, please let me know.

Here, I post the pictures of my work colleagues at READ Nepal. Left is Sanjana, the country director, and the other young lady is Aastha, the rising star whom I work closely with. They are having Nepali’s most popular dish called Dalbhat. You can see the combination of rice, bean and special treat of today is mutton. You can see the bottle of water and we share. READ Nepal’s staff members eat together every day. And hey… to enjoy Dalbhat, you don’t need fork or spoon!


The second picture is an entourage of a bride at a Hindi temple in Nepalgunj. I wanted to show you the picture of the bride but she didn’t look very happy. So, I better keep her picture in my personal collection. Nepali wedding is colourful and red is the key. And they perform the wedding ceremony in a Hindi Temple. This summer is the most popular season for wedding. So, I have run into many wedding events while I visited the temple. In fact, I will officially attend a wedding of my Nepali friend who works for READ Nepal when I come back from my field trip next week.

2 comments:

  1. Do you eat without silverware? Last Thanksgiving my brother's Sri Lankan friend joined us, and for some reason we were talking about using your hands to eat and how if you don't do it often you tend to have a mess running down your arm... If that happened to you, I want to see that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love weddings! Your pictures are great.

    ReplyDelete